Monday, April 18, 2005

A Trip to the Airport

I took Lou Ann to the Norfolk airport today. She didn't want to leave.....and I didn't want her to leave, but at least she'll be back in time for the Ocrafolk Festival the first weekend in June. We had a wonderful visit and made quite a lot of progress putting finishing touches on my grandparents' house. We even had an opportunity to sit on the pizer (that's the front porch for y'all who don't speak the island dialect) and prop our feet up on the new railing.

I arrived back home at 8 pm (it was a twelve and a half hour day), but at least the wind had died out and the temperature felt more like spring again.

I stopped at a bakery and bought a loaf of freshly baked bread, and I ran into Home Depot for a few electrical supplies. Tomorrow morning it's back to the Village Craftsmen counter. If you're on the island stop by and say hello.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment