Friday, October 20, 2006

Ocean Swimming

I really hate to break this news to all of you off-islanders....but the weather here has been just stellar! I know, we've heard about cold weather around the country -- even snow in parts of the midwest and New York. Yesterday afternoon I went for a stroll along the beach. Wore my bathing suit. Sky was bright blue, temp in the upper 70s, sand warm and soft. And the water was....how shall I put it?....inviting. Never passed another person the whole time I was out there, so I did what any sensible person would do, and then I jumped in. It was wonderful!!

(Really....it's not always so nice in late October. We've just been super lucky this year. You probably shouldn't even think about driving out here. :-) It's cloudy today with rain likely this weekend. By the time you get here we'll probably have a cold snap.)

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.
.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    So what's happened to your writing hand, Philip? I need my daily dose of down-home news from my favorite island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand your question. I write a journal entry nearly every day. Today, as I write, it is Saturday, Nov. 4. Your comment was posted in reply to my post of Oct. 20. I am wondering -- are you unable to read anything beyond Oct. 20?? If so, please email me at info@villagecraftsmen.com, and maybe we can figure out the problem. We don't want you to miss keeping up on island news.

    ReplyDelete