Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Still The Same

The weather is just too beautiful for words today and I don't want to be here working at all. I have " Fall Fever " and so does Dale. We've got the wanderlust for some strange reason. Frank and I just got back from out near Murphy. Dale and Jaren just got back from a trip to Maryland. Philips' been gone awhile and Dallie is headed to see her Grandbabies. We work to groanin' in the summer and this is our first letting down. My heart was in Scotland yesterday, in the Highlands. The wildness of the Highlands is so similar to Ocracoke, not the look but the feel of it. I've got to draw myself together to finish out the season. Oh Lord, I'm eight again and twitching in my seat. It's nice to know some things don't change.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island

.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Just love reading the journal and all the comings and goings of Ocracoke, but it would help us poor readers if the person writing the journal entry would let us know who is writing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete