Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Pleasant Day Off

I suppose a day off on Ocracoke is not much different from a day off anywhere else (except for a walk on the number one beach in the US). Today I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, read a bit, then fell asleep in my hammock. After lunch I messed about in the front yard (all of the plants are doing well with the exception of one rose bush).

I did walk over to my office to process payroll and work on a new project, but that didn't take too long. Then it was off to the beach. The humidity has been low these last few days, so the sun didn't seem oppressive. The water was warm, but refreshing, as always.

After a shower I'll amble over to Amy & David's for supper. It will be fun to play with Lachlan before I head back home to continue with my latest book, and then call Lou Ann.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Black Squall, a brig loaded with circus animals that wrecked on Ocracoke in April of 1861. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment