Saturday, August 02, 2008

Brunch at the Melon

Lou Ann & I haven't eaten out much this summer. Mostly we've enjoyed cooking and eating at home. Last night I made a spinach lasagna and Lou Ann made bread and a fig cake. David & Amy brought salad. We had a grand time sharing with family and friends, and then Amy & Lou Ann strolled over to Howard Street to greet folks assembling for their Ghost & History Tours. Clay, my brother, and I cleaned up the kitchen, then made our way to a small cottage to play poker.

Today at 11:30 we gathered at the Flying Melon to celebrate birthdays. Lachlan was delighted to get a camera, art supplies, a Thomas the Train engine, several DVDs, and a helium-filled Mylar dolphin. I was happy with books and a CD/booklet set with instructions for playing the Blues Harmonica (Leonard, give me a few weeks before you stop by with your banjo!).

I'll give a report on tonight's Women's Opry sometime in the next few days (I stopped by the theater this afternoon to drop off my staple gun, hammer and nails, but there was too much estrogen in the air, so I made a hasty retreat!).

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Lou Ann's account of installing an old-fashioned pitcher pump. You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Philip,

    Did I tell you that we all love the blues on harmonica and banjo? Just tell me what key we'll be playing in . . . I need some practice, too.

    Leonard

    ReplyDelete