Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hatteras Ferry Update

Last night I heard that a dredge began working at Hatteras Inlet yesterday.

According to the official NCDOT website (Saturday, Mary 12, 2012): "Hatteras ferry operations have resumed as of 3:15 pm. Taking light loads. [Call] 252.986.2353 for more [information]."

The extra runs from Swan Quarter will continue through Monday.

The weather has been superb, bright skies and mild temperatures. I went for a walk on the beach last night right at dusk. I wondered why I don't make that a regular part of my day. It was so quiet and peaceful.

This morning three blue jays have been flitting about in my yard. Life is good!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Project Nutmeg, and how Ocracoke almost became a site for testing nuclear weapons. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news042112.htm.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I think walking the beach at twilight is exceptional...or at sunrise.

    ReplyDelete