Thursday, May 16, 2013

Diastematic

I have a habit of leaving my ball cap at neighbors' houses, on chairs at community meetings, in friends' cars. But the cap is distinctive, so folks usually know to bring it back to me.














If you click on the photo to see a larger image you can read the word on the cap. It says "diastematic" but the middle "e" is intentionally faded.

For our readers who may be like my spell checker, and don't know the definition of diastematic, it means "having a space between one's teeth." From the photo you can understand why this is my favorite cap. If you see it lying about somewhere, you now know to return it to me.

And, if you want one for yourself or a gap-toothed friend, you can purchase one here:  http://www.cafepress.com/+black_cap,3673797. (I have no financial interest in the sale of these caps, by the way.)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of our island Post Office. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news042113.htm.

1 comment:

  1. debbie s.6:08 AM

    hehe cute!

    Was on the island Monday. Sorry I didn't have a chance to stop in to say hi (wasn't sure if you were there anyways LOL). But don't feel bad, I didn't get to stop in to see Amy either. :(

    I'm such a bad friend. ;)

    Did enjoy my short time there though. Ate at our fave places, saw a gorgeous sunset and just soaked in the heaven that is Ocracoke. Hoping to come back down soon (and be good and pop in to visit!)

    ReplyDelete