Monday, July 22, 2013

Mystery Pendant

This 14K gold pendant was found on Ocracoke some years ago. I just learned about it...and thought maybe I could help return it to its owner. A little research revealed that close to 40,000 of these pendants were created, but each one is unique (well, actually two are identical...created for identical twins).

The symbols on the pendant are personalized for the purchaser. They show the planetary positions at the date, time, and place of the customer's birth.
















There are 17 symbols on this pendant. You can see the last 10 in the photo (Uranus, Cancer, Pluto, Virgo, Neptune, Sagittarius, Jupiter, Venus, Capricorn, & Moon). If you can identify the first seven symbols, or otherwise verify that this pendant is yours (tell us exactly where on the island, and when, you lost it) we will send it back to you.

I know this is a long shot...but who knows, maybe we can locate the owner.

Our current Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of Infant & Childhood Mortality on Ocracoke. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news072113.htm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    No pendant lost, but I'm still holding out hope of someday recovering the only pair of prescription glasses I ever purchased--the $80 pair--not the nine pair of dollar-store cheaters that are scattered across my desktop here in front of me. Noooo--it couldn't have been one of these that I left behind. :-(

    Good luck trying to reconnect the pendant with its owner. And good sport for giving 'er a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 PM

    Philip, are you still hosting your daily porch talks? If so, where and when? I just booked a week on the island in late August, and it would be a pleasure to while away some time in your company--in person for a change. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Let's Chat" experiment was fun...but I often had other people and events competing for that time. So, I am not scheduling any "chats" this summer. However, on most Thursdays at 11 am - 11:30 I will be on the Wilma Lee (docked at the Community Square) sharing a bit of Ocracoke Island history.

      Delete